Amenities on Campus
As Cambridge Biomedical Campus expands, amenity provision will grow – current and planned amenities include the below. Please note that availability of some services are subject to easing of government restrictions, and may have restricted access. See asterisks and footnote.
Food & Drink
Location: Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH – Addenbrooke’s) main concourse – also listed here: cuh.nhs.co.uk
- Amigos*: (coffee/tea/snacks) Monday to Friday (9.00–15.00)
- Amigos Express*: (newsagents / concourse and outpatients) Monday – Friday (09:00-15.00)
- Baguette Co*: Currently closed.
- Burger King*: Monday-Friday (10:00 – 18.00)
- Costa Coffee*: Open 24 hours a day, including weekends
- Hair Depot*: (hairdressers) Monday (9:00-1800), Tuesday-Thursday (10:00-18:00), Friday (8:00-16:00 or 11:00-19:00 – alternates weekly on Fridays, please call in to check), Saturday (9:00-16:30), closed Sundays. Tel: 01223 211526 – hair-depot.co.uk/
- M&S Simply Food*: (supermarket/flowers) Open on weekdays (06:30-20:00) and weekends (07:00-18:00)
- Spice of Life*: (cooked food/snacks) Monday-Friday (08.00-15.00)
- WRVS Coffee Shop*: (coffee/tea/snacks) Monday-Friday (08.00-17.00) Tel: 01223 244 749. All profits go to our hospitals
- Coffee Lab – Monday-Friday (08:00-15:30)
Location: Royal Papworth Hospital – foodPark have a collection of Cambridge-based food trucks, operated by independent local businesses and offer a range of street food from rotisserie chicken, steak burgers, Spanish bocatos, pizza, mezze boxes and Sri Lankan food. foodPark trucks are scheduled to be in operation at Cambridge Biomedical Campus, outside Royal Papworth Hospital, from Friday 6th May 2022 then every Friday from 12-2pm. For more information and to pre-order (which is encouraged!), please use the following link – https://www.foodparkcam.com/whos-trading. The website is also updated every Monday with the food trucks scheduled for the week.
Addenbrookes Treatment Centre (ATC) – Costa Pod*: Monday to Friday (07:30 – 14.00)
Jeffrey Cheah Biomedical Centre – JCBC Café*: (coffee/tea/snacks) Monday-Friday (10:00 – 14:00). Available to all. URL: jcbc.cam.ac.uk/cafe The catering staff can deliver refreshments to your meeting or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
1000 Discovery Drive (1000 DD), off Dame Mary Archer Way, Café – designed for multi-occupancy the building will provide ground floor space accessible to the general public, space for meeting/collaboration and a café – scheduled for completion c.2023.
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH – Addenbrooke’s) main concourse, and also listed here: cuh.nhs.co.uk
- Barclays Bank*: Monday – Friday (8.30-16.30) Tel: 03457 345 345
- Barr Ellison*: (legal advice/accident claims) Monday – Friday (09.00 – 17.00) Tel: 01223 411 315 – https://www.barrellison.co.uk/
- The Body Shop*: (toiletries/cosmetics) Open daily, including weekends (Monday – Saturday 09.00-17.30 Sunday 11.00-16.00 ) Tel: 01223 210 293 – www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb
- The Stock Shop*: (women’s fashion/gifts) Monday-Friday (09.00-17.00, closed weekends) Tel: 01223 216 977 – thestockshop.co.uk
Jeffrey Cheah Biomedical Centre
JCBC Café*: (coffee/tea/snacks) Monday-Friday (10:00 – 14:00). Available to all. URL: jcbc.cam.ac.uk/cafe The catering staff can deliver refreshments to your meeting or event. Please email email@example.com for further information.
Car & Bicycle Parking
Please click on the PDF link for locations of car and bicycle parking on the campus currently. Motorcycle and bicycle parking in areas that are not fenced, are publicly available, unless stated. Future additional car and bicycle parking will be provided as Phase 2 of the campus expansion land is developed – CBC Campus Map.
Location: Bright Horizons, Frank Lee Centre and Bright Horizons, Long Road.
Bright Horizons Nursery and Pre-School*: Monday to Friday (07:00-18:00)
Purpose-built childcare facilities with units designed for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers. Bright Horizon offers places to parents who work at the hospital, as well as external parents. With a warm and welcoming feel, the nursery has been specifically designed to inspire your child and support their learning and development from the age of 3 months to 5 years. Tel: 0330 057 1496 (Frank Lee) 0333 363 4481 (Long Road).
MRC LMB Exhibition area (reception area)* – showcases the illustrious history of the laboratory, the cutting-edge research currently underway, and provide an engaging space to interact with the local community, visiting groups, and other employees on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus (CBC). For more information, see here – mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
1000 DD meeting rooms* – designed for multi-occupancy the building will provide ground floor space accessible to the general public, space for meeting/collaboration and a café – scheduled for completion c2023.
Green, Open Spaces
- The Green & The Gardens – located between Royal Papworth Hospital and AstraZeneca’s R&D building, accessible from Francis Crick Avenue and Robinson Way. The Green & The Gardens provide quiet, contemplative space – outdoor seating, landscaping and wild flower planting, featuring public art. Only the Green can accommodate events. If you are interested in using The Green, please email enquiries@CBCGGgovernancegroup.com in the first instance, and a member of The Green & The Gardens Governance Group will review whether the proposed use is suitable. Please ensure that you read through Do’s and Don’ts and Use Categories document – Click here, before making an official application. Please also note that if the proposed use has been approved and where the event/activity is deemed to require an Event Licence, it will be passed to the CBC Estate Management Company for processing, for an administration fee of £250 + VAT for time/resources spent checking the application and that all relevant insurances, etc, are in place. To view the Event Licence, please click here. The Green, the area that is available for use, is shown on the following plan, which you will need to mark-up to show the proposed location for a marquee or or any other large event equipment you plan to install – Click here for plan.
- Hobson’s Park – The Great Kneighton development adjacent to CBC provides over 120 acres of public open space with ponds, trees, public art, bird reserve. See links for more information – Location map / Hobson’s Park
- Campus expansion land (phase 2) – yet to be developed – south of Dame Mary Archer Way – a series of landscaped spaces connecting buildings, leading to public foot and cycle paths into open countryside.
- Sports Centre Frank Lee Centre*: Monday-Friday 7:00-22:00, Saturday 8:00-22:00, Sunday 8:00-16:00 (gym, squash court, classes, swimming pool and bar). Offers a wide range of leisure facilities to NHS and other related employees who work on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus. Contact – Efirstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 249931 & 01223 868300 Frank Lee Sports Centre website.
Public Art commissions permeate the campus. Future City (art consultant) is working with the CBC Public Art Steering Group to create a public art map/trail – more information to come. Please visit the CBC Public Art page for more information. Click here.
*available subject to each organisation’s Covid-19 restrictions and current accessibility.