Amenities on Campus
As Cambridge Biomedical Campus expands, work is underway to grow amenity provision.
Current and planned amenities include:
- An affordable fitness centre with 25m heated pool, tennis & squash courts, cardio gym and fitness rooms (and another planned within the AstraZeneca development)
- A range of conference, exhibition and associated catering facilities
- Purpose-built childcare facilities with units designed for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers
- A food court, Costa Coffee and Marks & Spencer Simply Food
- A dry cleaners, hairdressers and travel agents
- Extensive car parking including a new multi-storey car park in the Phase 2 Expansion with room for 900 cars
- Addenbrooke’s Hospital has plans to deliver additional amenities into the future, which may include a hotel, further conference/exhibition space and additional café/retail facilities.
Additionally, there is growing provision for landscaped and green spaces
- A new park, Hobson’s Park, has been created to the western side of the Campus, with 120 acres of open space with ponds, newly planted trees, public art and a bird reserve
- To the north The Green and The Gardens is under construction between the new Royal Papworth Hospital and the AstraZeneca research building. This will provide areas of outdoor seating within a beautifully landscaped space featuring public art.
- To the south, in the Phase 2 development, will be a series of landscaped spaces adjoining buildings constructed to the south of Dame Mary Archer Way, leading to public foot and cycle paths into open countryside.