Innovation and excellence in science and health
3) Conducting your clinical trials here
Enjoy a seamless transition from bench to clinic
A location on the Campus enables you to form relationships with key opinion leaders at an early stage in your research and maintain those interactions as you transition from the bench through to clinical studies. With an average of 1000 active studies in progress at any time, high recruitment rates, dedicated clinical trial wards, and a one-stop service for sponsors, Cambridge University Hospitals is one of the leading centres in the UK for clinical trials.
We are willing to meet innovative companies to review their products and services ahead of planning clinical studies. Based on our collective experience and skills, we may be able to predict issues at an early stage and help companies address them before they start expensive clinical studies.
Head of the Clinical Trials Unit, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
A location on the Campus enables you to:
- Establish relationships with key opinion leaders at an early stage in your R&D programme
- Consult experienced NHS and academic clinicians before planning your clinical studies
- Benefit from conducting your clinical trials on the same site as your research
- Take advantage of the world-class resources at the purpose-built clinical trials centre at Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Gain from the expertise of the early phase clinical trials team and their innovative approaches to “science-led” experimental studies
- Save time and money by accessing the streamlined one-stop service available to companies sponsoring clinical trials on the Campus
We understand the enormous pressures facing pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical companies undertaking clinical studies. Our focus is to optimise safety, minimize costs and timescales, and generate quality data that enables industry sponsors to make reliable go/no-go decisions.
Professor of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge; Director, Addenbrooke's Clinical Research Centre
Other reasons to locate here…